Production/registration year

Good evening,

Would you be so kind and advice me if the number on the plate on SM and described as « annee » is it production year or registration?

Thank you,
Henrik

It’s the production year. What do you mean with « registration » ?

Im looking at a boat in US and in the paperwork said production year is 1996 and registration is 1997 which do not make any sens to me when the plate says Annee 1996. I don’t sperek French and you cant always relay on google translate thats why I’m asking the question to make sure I’m correct.
Thank you for the confirmation.

The French auto manufacturers typically release new production in the summer / fall. So in September 2021 you buy a car model 2022. The registration papers mention September 2021. The boat manufacturers have followed the same process.
From your post I don’t know what boat you have and what year, please explain. It would then be easy to provide you with an exact answer. Just send a photo of the Amel tag screwed on the top of the companionway.
The French boat manufacturers use to present their new models for the « Salon de la navigation » in January.

It is also possible that the boat was delivered in 1996 and then got a United States Coast Guard documentation (or state documentation) the following year. An excellent resource to answer your question is the best Amel broker in the US, Joel Potter:
JOEL F. POTTER Office 954-462-5869 Cell 954-812-2485
jfpottercys@att.net
Now with Google translate it is easy to go back and forth.
Good luck, JB